This is a reference article for tweaking Exchange Online Resources (Meeting Rooms, Equipment, etc).
- How to show Organizer Name and Subject meeting details on a Resource Calendar (Meeting Room).
- Fire up a Remote Powershell session
- First adjust the calendar default permissions:
Set-MailboxFolderPermission -AccessRights LimitedDetails -Identity “<Room Name>:\calendar” -User default
- Next set the variables you want to flow into the appointment:
Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity “Room Name” -AddOrganizerToSubject $true -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $false
- NOTE: This only applies to new appointments. The old appointments had their details stripped on acceptance of the appointment. You may be able to force an update of those details if you send an update of the appointment to the Meeting room.
- NOTE 2:
Set-CalendarProcessing optionsInfo for this how to came from: emtunc.org
Open PS in administrative context
Run: Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
$LiveCred = Get-Credential
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange-ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
NOTE: When prompted for credentials, enter your Office 365 admin username/password or one that has admin rights for the tenant.
**Close your PS Session**