There are other ways of doing this…but this way is a quick solution that will get the job done.
- Goto Start–>Programs–>Internet Explorer and right-click the icon, selecting Properties from the dropdown.
- Under RUN, select Maximized from the dropdown.
- Click OK
- Open up IE using that shortcut.
- Right-click any link from the browser window and select “Open in New Window”
- Size the window that opens to be whatever size you want and then switch to the first IE window and close it. Then close the remaining window.
- Now when you open IE, it should open up with the screen size you selected in step 6.