Microsoft Exchange 2003
Check this out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288807
That link will help you to Troubleshoot the Recipient Update Service on Exchange 2003.
Things I did before it started working again:
- Rebuilt the Default Offline Address List
- Rebuilt the Recipient Update Service
- Restarted the System Attendant Service
- Opened Outlook, clicked on Tools–>Send/Receive–>Download Address Book.
Uncheck the Download Changes…box and make sure it is set to Full Details and click OK.
- then check the Address Book and see if it is updating