Viewsonic VA2223wm 22″ Class Full HD 1080p LCD monitor 1920×1080, 16,000:1 Dynamic, DVI. $170 ea
Viewsonic VX2250wm-LED 22″ (21.5″ vis) monitor 1920×1080, 5ms response time, 10,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, DVI, VGA, 22.5 x 5.5 x 19.5 inches ; 7.5 pounds $150 ea
Deskstand: Ergotron 33-322-200 Dual Horizontal Monitor deskstand up to 22″ LCDs $200
StarTech DP2DVI DisplayPort to DVI Video Adapter converter $25
Onboard VGA and the DisplayPort (with VGA adapter P/N 481408-003 SP#632484-001 Rev G BizLink 1037) $15
Note: Weight difference between the two monitors cannot exceed 1 lb or it will tip over to one side, so you might as well buy two of the exact same monitor.
- Hook them both up and turn on computer
- Install the monitor profile from the included CD
- In Windows XP, open up the Display properties from the desktop.
- Under Settings tab under Display you’ll see options for display 1 and display 2. Goto Display 2 and drag the Screen resolution slider to the desired resolution (most people will want to match the primary display resolution, you may not depending on application) and also check the box marked “Extend my Windows desktop onto the monitor”
- Click Apply and check that the resolutions are the same.
- Try rebooting the machine and turning the monitors on and off independent of one another to check that you have a good DisplayPort–>VGA adapter.
- That’s it! You’re done.