Sometimes, the Sharp MX-7001n printer/copier machine users send a job to print over the network and the job gets sent to the server, but it sits in queue and the Data light flashes on the unit but nothing prints. When you turn the machine off then back on it will print the job and several others, but then the issue happens again with no warning.
This post here has more info on the same problem with another MX series copier.
Some ideas to try are:
- Update the firmware. Firmware revisions earlier than 0209J0 had problems network spooling or ripping. Several techs reported this issue and said it was solved by more current firmware. They advise clearing the job log also to clear bad jobs. The latest firmware as of 2010 was 0210J0 but you have to call the Sharp hotline to get the firmware…may not be available in all areas of the US. This firmware update takes care of lockups caused by having PS and PCL printing support configured at the same time.
- Clear the NVRAM: sim 67-17
- Reset the network card. Reenter the NIC settings and test again.
- Are there any maintenance codes on the display??
If there are, and you have SMNP activated on the port setup within the driver, windows spooler will stop print jobs going through, unless you restart the machine, then the first few will be allowed through, then the same issue starts again.
- Try disabling SMNP within the ports setup, so windows spooler will ignore any maint requests from the machine, and will allow print jobs to proceed properly.
Security Settings–>Port Control…set SNMPD to DISABLE, also SNMP-TRAP to DISABLE
Network Settings–>Services Settings. Click on SNMP tab and DisableWhen you have the latest firmware installed, change sim 55-03 sw9, bit 5 to disable SMNP access to the machine. Any maint codes will be ignored.
- If you can find it in network settings, you could enable byte counting to try to prevent corrupt data packs messing up the machine. Definately update your drivers and get whoever services your machine to upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
Stuff I have tried:
- 11/30/2011 – Updated the firmware to the May 2010 release. PCU: 01.08.V0
- 4/3/2014 – Dropped the SC2 TCP/IP Port. Added two Standard TCP/IP Ports (Generic, without SNMP) and split PS driver to one and PCL6 to the other.
Manual for related system: http://www.sharp.co.uk/cps/rde/xbcr/documents/documents/om/34_ppc/MX4100N-4101N-5000N-5001N_OM_Software-Setup-Guide_GB.pdf
Network Printer Ports info: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc728404(v=ws.10).aspx
HP document on PS and PCL: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-bpo00141-8%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01&ac.admitted=1396560668947.876444892.199480143