An overhead paging system can be really annoying sometimes.
If you want to turn off the paging feature on your Nortel phone, simply enter Programming, then:
- TERMINALS & SETS
- Enter the extension of the phone you want to turn off
- PAGE ZONE –>Change to NONE
- exit, Update
Note: If you’re simply concerned with the volume of the pages, that’s controlled by the volume of the phone set itself. One handy trick you can use is to adjust the background music volume:
- Feature+8+6 (If there’s no music on the line you’ll hear a slight hiss)
- Press volume bar down to desired volume
- Feature+#+8+6 (Turns the speaker Off)
If you don’t want pages at certain times, then use DO NOT DISTURB, just bear in mind that you will not receive calls either when in this mode.