Quickly fix your unexpected USB device error by resetting the USB components.
- Open up the Device Manager.
- Uninstall all the USB related items (Host Controllers, Composite Device, USB Root Hubs, etc.)
- Shutdown the laptop.
- Unplug from AC (wall power), pull the battery and let the laptop sit for 15min.
- Put the battery back in and boot it.
- Let it install the USB components again. Once they’re all installed, plug in your USB devices again and they should be autodetected.
Note: This won’t work for everyone, but it worked for me.