Quick Fix for Error Code 9C47 or Error Code 80246007 errors on Windows 7 Starter 32-bit
Really quickly here guys…I didn’t think this fix would work, but it did work so I’m providing it here for you to try if you’re having trouble installing the update “Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7”
- Open up the link to update KB2729094: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30521 (32-bit Win7) or http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30566 (64-bit Win7)
- Install the update. (It will probably tell you that the update is already installed)
- Go to Windows Update and Retry the “Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7” update.
- If that doesn’t work…
- Open up the log file: C:\Windows\IE11_main.log and scroll to the section relating to your last try installing IE11. You will see a line like this: KBxxxxxxx could not be download is not installed.
- Search MS downloads for that KB file and try installing it. Try to install IE11 right after that.
- If that still doesn’t work…
- Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder (google for instructions) and try again from #1
- Goto MS downloads and get the entire IE11 download and install that.
- Uninstall the KB that is being noted in the IE11_main.log file and then reinstall it and try again from #1
Some of the infomation used in this tech hint came from: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-windows_7/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-for-x64-based/d6c76d2d-6dad-4cb7-8880-d06beccea372